Do any of you have friends who think differently from you but love to debate? I have one (probably more, but closet) such friend and I think the world of him. The problem is, many of his questions feel like traps. There is no "win" in an argument with him, and I suppose all he does is argue for the joy of arguing. Is there joy in that? I guess so, for some people.
I don't mind a healthy debate, or discussion, but he often resorts to statements like, "that's ridiculous," without ever telling me WHY it's ridiculous. And that's frustrating. So imagine my joy when I happened across a thread of him and a couple of others arguing their respective viewpoints. It was heavenly to be able to enjoy the debate without engaging! I loved it! And mind you, it was better than following threads of some random people you don't know, because those could be anybody. This was actually some people I know.
Anyway, it was quite fun, and I said so (my only comment during the whole debate to that point), and one of them tried to drag me in, but I stood my ground. I'd much rather watch from ringside than jump in and get pummeled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
http://www.vandruff.com/art_converse.html
ReplyDelete